Arresting gear for take-off and landing systems
- Arresting engine including:
- hydraulic brake (cylinder-piston rod) with the tackle system creating an arresting force;
- control valve with the mass selector supporting a required pressure in the arresting cylinder according to an aircraft mass;
- hydropneumatic accumulator with the return system accumulating some part of the aircraft kinetic energy. As a result, the arresting gear returns in its initial position and the receiving cable becomes tensioned in the initial position;
- cooling system for taking away the heat liberated at arrestment;
- hydraulic and pneumatic pipelines with the valve system connecting hydraulic and pneumatic elements of the arresting engine.
- Damping device of hydraulic type for reducing overloads at the arrestment initial stage.
- Receiving device including:
- receiving cable for an aircraft arrestment;
- cable hoist and lifting blocks for supporting the receiving cable at a required height.
- Transmitting device including the arresting cable, angle blocks and cable anchor dampers transmitting an arrestment force from the hydraulic brake to the receiving cable.
- Make-up unit for filling-in and replenishment of the arresting engine and damping devices with the working fluid.
- Control boards and units monitoring the arresting gear condition, controlling the mass selector, damping devices, cable hoists and lifting blocks as well as returning the arresting engine in the initial position.
Basic technical data
|Aircraft arresting distance (from the receiving cable initial position to the point of the hook engagement with the receiving cable at the moment, when an aircraft stops its forward movement), m, not over||90|
|Maximum speed of received aircraft relative to the deck at the moment of the hook contact with the receiving cable (disregarding a ship`s speed), km/h, not over||240|
|Minimum mass of received aircrafts at a speed of 240 кm/h without engines thrust, t||12|
|Aircraft deceleration at arrestment by the article, g, not over||4,5|
|Time of lifting the receiving cable, s, not over||15|
|Working cycle of the article (aircraft arrestment time plus time of the arresting engine return in its initial position), s, not over||25|
Time of arrestment mode change by the selector within mass range from 10 to 30 t, s,
- by electric drive
|- by manual drive||35|
|Maximum deflection of an aircraft center of mass from the landing strip axis over the whole arresting distance, m, not over||12|
Permissible deflection of the hook engagement point with the receiving cable from the landing strip axis, m:
|- limiting||± 5|
|Working fluid||ПГВ fluid GOST 25821-83|
Power consumption, кW:
- mechanisms electric drives – three-phase a.c., 380 V, 50 Hz, not over
- monitoring equipment – one phase a.c., 127 V, 50 Hz, not over
|- control equipment – d.c., 24 V, pulsation factor up to 10%, not over||0,8|
|Compressed high-pressure air to be consumed, MPa (кgf/сm²)||15 (150)|
|Article mass (without SPTA and working fluid), kg||82000 ± 4100|